AMERICAN WRITERS (1946) - T. P. Cross & R. Smith & E. C. Stauffer & E. Collette
Hard cover. Cloth-bound.
Very good condition.
Richly illustrated. (both color and b&w)
Book detailing the history of American literature. Full of short stories, poetry, prose and biographies.
TOM PEETE CROSS (Professor of English and Comparative Literature, University of Chicago)
REED SMITH (Professor of English,University of South Carolina)
ELMER C. STAUFFER (Teacher of English, Herzl Junior College, Chicago)
ELIZABETH COLLETTE (Teacher of English, Peabody High School, Pittsburgh)
Publisher: GINN AND COMPANY
PRINTED IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Dimensions: 24 x 17 cm
- THE ENGLISH AND COLONIAL PERIOD
- THE REVOLUTIONARY AND PIONEER PERIOD
- THE YOUNG REPUBLIC
- THE NATION DIVIDED
- THE NATION UNITED
- THE TURN FROM ROMANTICISM TO REALISM
- RECENT PROSE AND POETRY: THE REIGN OF REALISM
- DICTIONARY OF NAMES AND PHRASES